Roots & Shoots program
It’s never too early to start to cultivate a love of plants! Caregivers learn alongside their child ages 2-5 during this active, hands-on program, where we investigate and grow plants, make fresh garden snacks, read books, go on scavenger hunts, explore nature, and create botanical crafts all within the setting of a 1/2 acre garden. Each week we will explore a different garden theme depending on the time of year. Possible topics of study are: botany, seasons, soil, herbs, native animals and habitats, food preservation, seed saving, and much more! Each week participants will take home plants to care for and/or freshly harvested produce when available.
FRIDAYS, MAY 6, 13, 20, 27
10 – 11AM
FRIDAYS, JULY 8 , 15, 22, 29
10 – 11AM
$80 for 1 child & 1 guardian. Additional siblings $40. All classes are outside. Please dress for the weather!
Budding Botanists program
This is a drop-off program for children ages 6 -12. In this hands-on program, children help care for and grow edible plants in a 1/2 acre garden setting. Participants will seed, transplant, weed, water, and harvest crops. In addition to helping maintain garden beds, children participate in cooking, exploring nature, science investigations, arts&crafts, scavenger hunts, and other fun garden-based activities. Each day we will explore a different seasonally appropriate theme, such as: botany, plant adaptations, soil properties, native animals and habitats, food preservation, seed saving, ethnobotany, local food systems, and more! Participants will take home plants to care for and/or freshly harvested produce when available.
SPRING SESSION 2022
FRIDAYS, MAY 6, 13, 20, 27 & JUNE 3
$100 for session
(The #250 bus from Delaware Academy can drop students right at the farm after school at 3pm)
SUMMER FUN DAYS 2022
FRIDAYS, AUGUST 19 & 26
$65 for both days
All activities are outside so please make sure children are dressed for the weather!
COVID 19 protocols
- If you or your child are sick or have been in contact with someone who is sick please stay home.
- In the case of anticipated torrential downpour I will cancel the days programming so we do not have to be stuck inside together for space sake. I will send out an email by 8am the morning of. A make-up day will be scheduled.
- Masks are not required as we will be outside for the entire duration of the program. Social distancing will be encouraged.
- Hand washing will happen before snack. Hand sanitizer will be available for use in between hand washing.
- Surfaces will be washed and sanitized before, during and after the workshop.
- All participants will need to fill out a waiver prior to beginning the program, and this must be returned before the first day of programming.
Frequently asked questions
Are drop-in’s allowed? Can I attend just one class?
Unfortunately no – advance registration is required for the entire session.
Are refunds given for missed classes?
Unfortunately no refunds are given for missed classes. Should the class be canceled due to extreme weather or if I am sick then a make-up class will be scheduled.
What should we bring for class?
Water bottle, and sunscreen and a harvest bag in summer.
How do I register?
Fill out the waiver form below and email me at email@example.com. Payment is required to hold you and/or your child’s spot. Payment is not refunded if you decide to cancel under a week prior to the start of the program.